Warm Stir-Fried Salad
This recipe is a golden find. It is fast and healthy and has amazing flavor. We tried it once and agreed that this would go into the regular rotation. I've used dried tarragon and it turned out great.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2(8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 3tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1(2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1cup unsalted cashews
- 2large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1head cabbage, sliced
- 1cup baby kale
- 1tablespoon sesame oil
Step 1Place chicken in a large bowl. Whisk soy sauce, ginger, tarragon, and brown sugar together in a bowl; pour over chicken. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator, 2 to 4 hours.
Step 2Remove chicken from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade.
Step 3Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Add marinade; bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Stir cashews and carrots into chicken.
Step 4Arrange cabbage and baby kale on 4 plates. Drizzle sesame oil over each cabbage-kale serving; top with chicken mixture.