A great tuna sandwich. Serve the sandwiches warm or at room temp.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4large red bell peppers - roasted, peeled and sliced
- 1(5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2(8 ounce) loaves French baguette
- 4hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8kalamata olives, pitted and halved
Step 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Step 2Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute red peppers for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tuna, and season with salt and pepper. Add vinegar, 2 tablespoons parsley and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until vinegar has evaporated. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Step 3Slice the bread in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 4 inch pieces. Toast bread in the oven until warm and crisp, but not brown. Place the bread on a serving platter. Top each piece with red pepper tuna mixture. Garnish with sliced egg and a halved olive. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining parsley.