Creamy Asian-Inspired Chicken and Broccoli
A saucepan dish combining cream, soup, and chicken with lots of Asian veggies like bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, baby corn, mushrooms and broccoli. Serve over chow mein noodles or rice, if desired.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1½ cups condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1(16 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1pound cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 2(8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1(8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1(5.5 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1tablespoon salted butter
- 1(10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, drained and cooked
Step 1Mix soup and cream together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in mushrooms and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes; add chicken, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, corn, teriyaki sauce, and butter. Simmer all together for 10 minutes. Finally, stir in cooked broccoli and simmer for 5 minutes.