Haighter's 19th Hole Chili
Ground turkey is simmered with bell peppers, garlic, tomatoes, kidney and pinto beans, jalapenos, chili powder, and onions in this easy chili. Add chopped onions, cheese, and crackers, if desired, to top it off before you eat. Enjoy.
- Serves: 10 persons
- 2pounds ground turkey
- 1(28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3stalks celery, chopped
- 1(15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1(15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1½ white onion, chopped
- 1green bell pepper, chopped
- 1red bell pepper, chopped
- 1cup water, or as needed
- 1(6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1tablespoon white sugar
- 1teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground turkey in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
Step 2Combine ground turkey, stewed tomatoes, celery, kidney beans, pinto beans, white onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, water, tomato paste, jalapeno pepper, sugar, and garlic in a slow cooker; season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Step 3Cook on High for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.