Curried Chicken Soup
This curried chicken soup is tasty and so quick to make. No one I've made it for has not liked it. Serve with warm pita bread.
- Serves: 5 persons
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 1tablespoon mild curry paste
- 2(14.5 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- ½chicken stock cube
- 6(10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2(15 ounce) cans chickpeas
Step 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken to the hot oil and cook until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Add curry paste and stir to coat. Add tomatoes and stir. Fill an empty tomato can with water and add to the pot; repeat with the 2nd tomato can. Crumble in stock cube and simmer soup for 10 minutes.
Step 2Add spinach to the pot and simmer until defrosted, 10 to 15 minutes more. Stir to mix well into soup. Add chickpeas and cook until heated, 2 to 3 minutes.