Mint-Chocolate Leprechaun Shots
A chocolaty-minty drink to celebrate St. Patrick's Day - make it non-alcoholic like the two glasses in front of my image. Mix chocolate milk with 1/4 teaspoon mint extract and top with green whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½cup ice cubes
- 4½ ounces chocolate liqueur (such as Godiva®)
- 1¼ fluid ounces peppermint schnapps
- ½cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 3drops green food coloring, or as desired
- ½(1.5 ounce) bar Chocolate shavings
Step 1Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add chocolate liqueur and peppermint schnapps. Shake vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into glasses.
Step 2Beat heavy cream and vanilla extract in a chilled glass or metal bowl using an electric mixer until frothy. Add confectioners' sugar gradually, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Beat in enough food coloring to reach desired shade of green.
Step 3Place a dollop of green whipped cream on top of each shot and garnish with shaved chocolate.