Easy Zucchini Cakes
Very tasty way to use up those extra zucchini. Don't skip the fresh parsley, it really adds to the flavor. They taste just like crab cakes.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1¼ cups seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1small onion, chopped
- 2large eggs, beaten
- 1tablespoon butter, melted
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed
Step 1Combine zucchini, 1 cup bread crumbs, onion, eggs, butter, parsley, and seafood seasoning in a bowl; mix until well combined.
Step 2Form mixture into 4 round cakes. Pat remaining bread crumbs onto both sides of the cakes and transfer to a sheet of waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Step 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chilled zucchini cakes until browned, 7 to 8 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels before serving.