Chicken Skewers with Thai Chili Sauce
Slide these skewers into a pita for a fun and interesting sandwich.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1½ pounds ground chicken
- ¼cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓cup VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (plus extra for pitas)
- ½cup dry bread crumbs
- 2tablespoons VH® Soya Sauce
- 8each wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Pita bread, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and slivered onion for garnishing
Step 1Mix together the chicken, cilantro, VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, bread crumbs, egg and VH® Soya Sauce until well combined.
Step 2With wet hands form 8 equal portions onto skewers and form into a sausage-like shape, covering the pointed end of skewer.
Step 3Roast skewers on a foil lined baking sheet in a 500 degrees F (260 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Step 4Serve with additional chili sauce for dipping or serve in warmed pita bread garnished with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and slivered onion.