Gluten-Free Nacho Cheese Dip
This gluten-free nacho cheese dip recipe is thickened with amaranth. It's cheesy, rich, and seasoned with homemade gluten-free taco seasoning.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2tablespoons amaranth flour or sweet rice flour
- 2tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1cup milk or dairy-free substitute
- 1cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½teaspoons gluten-free taco seasoning (recipe below)
- ¼teaspoon gluten-free garlic powder (not salt)
- ¼teaspoon gluten-free onion powder
- ¼teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons finely diced fresh jalapenos (or to taste)
Step 1Melt butter in a heavy saucepan on medium-low heat. Whisk in amaranth flour and stir until a bubbly paste forms. Cook for two minutes, being careful not to let the mixture brown.
Step 2Add milk or dairy free substitute and whisk until the sauce is smooth and thick. Bring just to a slow bubbly boil and remove from heat.
Step 3Add grated cheeses, garlic powder, onion powder, gluten-free taco seasoning, and jalapeños. Stir until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Step 4Serve warm with gluten-free tortilla chips.