Squash, chicken & couscous one-pot
Use up leftovers in this superhealthy one-pot, packed with vital nutrients
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tbsp harissa paste
- 1tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 2red onions, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 2skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1small butternut squash, cut into 1cm chunks (no need to peel)
- 2x 400g cans tomatoes
- 2lemons, zested and juiced
- 200g cherry tomato, halved
- 140g couscous
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
Step 1Heat a large non-stick casserole dish or pan on the hob. Add the harissa, spices and onions, stir and cook gently for 10 mins until soft. Add chicken and brown for 5-10 mins. Add squash, stirring to combine, and a splash of water if it starts to stick. Cook for 5 mins more.
Step 2Tip canned tomatoes into the pan with ½ can of water, cover and simmer for 20-30 mins. Add the lemon zest and juice, cherry tomatoes, couscous and seasoning. Cover and turn off the heat. Leave on the hob for 10 mins, then stir through the coriander and serve.