Muldowney's Irish Potato Candy
Classic St. Patrick's Day candy that looks like little potatoes.
- Serves: 72 persons
- 1cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2(16 ounce) packages confectioners' sugar, or to taste
- 1(14 ounce) package shredded coconut, or to taste
- ⅓cup light corn syrup (such as Karo®)
- 2tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½cup ground cinnamon, or as needed
Step 1Place softened butter in a large bowl. Add confectioners' sugar, coconut, corn syrup, and vanilla extract; mix using your hands until combined. Knead until it holds together but is not too sticky, adding more sugar and coconut, if needed.
Step 2Place cinnamon on a plate. Form the mixture into small, round balls and roll in the cinnamon until coated and they look like tiny potatoes.