This is a mild one-pot chili featuring Knorr® Spanish Rice. It brings all the comfort of your standard bowl of chili, but with a wonderful mildly seasoned and sweet taste that is sure to be a hit with family and friends, both young and old! Garnish with your favorite toppings; I chose shredded cheese, cilantro, onion, black olives, and a dab of sour cream. This would be great served with corn bread and a side salad.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1pound lean ground turkey
- ½red onion, chopped
- ½green bell pepper, chopped
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2(14.5 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1(15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1(11 ounce) can corn niblets, drained
- 2cups water
- 1(5.6 ounce) package Spanish rice mix (such as Knorr® Fiesta Sides™)
Step 1Combine ground turkey, red onion, green bell pepper, and garlic in a Dutch oven. Cook and stir until turkey is browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
Step 2Stir diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn niblets into the Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in water and Spanish rice mix. Simmer until rice is fluffy and tender, about 7 minutes. Let stand before serving, about 2 minutes.