Crispy Pretzel Apple Dessert
Pretzel crisps are topped with warm cinnamon apples and ice cream and drizzled with caramel dip.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 4each Sister Schubert's® Soft Pretzel Rolls, thawed
- ¼cup sugar
- ¼teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5tablespoons butter, melted
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2each golden delicious apples, diced
- 1pinch Pinch cinnamon
- 6scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¾cup Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip or Sweet & Salty Caramel Dip
Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut each roll into 4 or 5 thin slices and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush top of each slice with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake pretzel slices 5 to 7 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove from oven.
Step 2In a skillet, melt 2 TBS butter; add apple pieces and cinnamon and saute apples 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Step 3Place Marzetti Caramel Dip in a microwave dish and microwave in 10-second intervals until warm.
Step 4To assemble dessert, layer pretzel crisps with warm apples, ice cream and warm caramel dip and serve.