Delicata Squash with Nut Stuffing
I've made this twice now and everyone loves it. I tried it with acorn squash and it's just as good. I bet any mild squash would work.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- ½teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons dried sage
- 2½ tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2½ tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2½ tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2½ tablespoons pine nuts
- ⅓cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2½ tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 2small delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in sage and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in walnuts, pistachios, almonds, and pine nuts. Remove from the heat.
Step 3Combine 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, yogurt, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in nut mixture. Divide stuffing among squash halves. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
Step 4Bake until acorn squash is tender when pierced with a fork and stuffing starts to brown, about 45 minutes.
Step 5Cut each piece in half to serve.