Easy Vegan Potato Vegetable Soup
This is a very easy, thick vegetable soup with potatoes, carrot, and sweet potatoes. If you like, you can add some soy cream. If you like your soup thinner, add more vegetable broth.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1onion, chopped
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1¾ cups vegetable broth
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1pinch ground nutmeg, or more to taste
Step 1Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, sweet potato, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
Step 2Puree vegetables with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.