Maple-Dijon Pork Chops Recipe
A sweet and savory pork chop with a three-ingredient glaze. Perfect for weeknight grilling but delicious enough for company.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4bone-in pork rib chops (about 1-inch thick)
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh tarragon leaves (or flat leaf parsley) chopped
- For Rub:
- 2teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 2teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 1teaspoon/5 mL marjoram
- ½teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- ¼teaspoon/1.25 mL garlic powder
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL herbes de provence
- For Glaze:
- ½cup/120 mL real maple syrup
- ¼cup/60 mL Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the grill for high heat. In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup with Dijon mustard and olive oil. Set aside.
Step 3Combine salt, onion, and garlic powder, marjoram, pepper, and herbes de provence (if using) and evenly pat onto both sides of pork chops. Place onto grill and cook for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Step 4During the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking, brush on maple glaze. Cook for 1 minute, turn and repeat the process. (Make sure to keep a close eye during this phase as the sugar content in maple syrup can cause flare-ups.)
Step 5Once chops are cooked through, remove from heat and place onto a platter. Let rest for 5 minutes and garnish with chopped tarragon or parsley leaves.