Mean Old Chili
Have you ever had grilled chili? Think it sounds wicked? Well, you're right! This chili will keep your mouth on fire and howling at the moon...
- Serves: 8 persons
- ¼cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1clove garlic, chopped
- 2tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 2½ pounds beef chuck roast, cubed
- ½pound fresh hot chilies, cut crosswise into thirds
- 2cups chopped fresh tomato
- 1red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1(15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
Step 1In a glass baking pan, stir together the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes, vinegar, oregano, basil, black pepper and olive oil. Place the meat into the sauce; cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Step 2Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Remove meat from the marinade, and discard marinade. Thread the marinated beef, chili peppers, and red bell pepper onto skewers.
Step 3Grill the skewers about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until the meat is of the desired doneness.
Step 4Place a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove meat and peppers from skewers, and place them in the pan. Season with chili powder, and stir in tomatoes and pinto beans. Sprinkle in the remaining red pepper flakes.