Soy Chorizo Taco Filling
Taco filling using soy chorizo sausage is served in warmed corn tortillas, with baby greens, and black beans for a veggie taco that will satisfy vegans and carnivores alike!
- Serves: 1 person
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8ounces soy chorizo, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2green bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1red bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1medium onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½cup water
- 1tablespoon taco seasoning mix, or to taste
- 1teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1teaspoon paprika, or more to taste
Step 1Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add bell peppers and onion and cook until slightly soft but still firm, about 5 minutes more. Add water and taco seasoning. Stir until thoroughly mixed and water is bubbly. Reduce heat to medium and let water reduce, 3 to 4 minutes. Add hot sauce and paprika.