Barbecued Shrimp with Thai Dipping Sauce Recipe
For an easy summer starter, try these succulent barbecued shrimp served with a spicy, sweet, salty and sour Thai dipping sauce.
- Serves: 6 persons
- For the Sauce:
- 2tablespoons Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 3tablespoons lime juice (fresh)
- 2cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2teaspoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2small red bird chilis (finely chopped)
- 2tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- For the Shrimp:
- 1pound shrimp (36/40-count, shell-on)
Step 1Heat a grill to high heat. Barbecue the shrimp with shells intact for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until pink and the shells start to char very slightly. The cooking time of the shrimps will vary depending on their size.
Step 2Remove shrimp from grill and serve with dipping sauce on the side.