Spicy tuna, courgette & chickpea salad
Throw together this speedy salad with canned tuna, courgette and chickpeas, dressed with capers, chilli and garlic. It works as a standalone dish or a side
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1lemon , zested and juiced
- 15g parsley , finely chopped
- 10g basil , finely chopped
- 2garlic cloves , crushed
- 1tbsp capers , rinsed and finely chopped
- 1red chilli (deseeded, if you prefer less heat), finely chopped
- 160g can tuna in olive oil
- 2courgettes , thinly sliced
- 2x 400g cans chickpeas , drained and rinsed
Step 1Put the lemon zest and juice in a bowl and mix with the parsley, basil, garlic, capers, chilli and some seasoning. Strain in the oil from the can of tuna (about 2 tbsp), then mix in the courgettes. Toss well to completely coat in the dressing, then set aside to soften for 15 mins.
Step 2Stir in the chickpeas and toss to combine everything before flaking in the tuna and tossing again. Serve straightaway.