Blueberry Banana Cake
This recipe for blueberry banana cake is heavy on the fruit, with more bananas and blueberries in the batter than flour and sugar.
- Serves: 16 persons
- 1 ¼cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾cup sugar
- 3large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4bananas (very ripe, mashed)
- 1cup blueberries (rinsed and dried)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour the cake pan.
Step 3Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl with a wire whisk. Set aside.
Step 4Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
Step 5Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture. Combine until just mixed.
Step 6Fold in the bananas and blueberries.
Step 7Carefully pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Step 8Bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.