Easy Fried Crab Cakes
A really easy and very tasty crab cake recipe I put together with my 5-year-old son.
- Serves: 8 persons
- ½(4 ounce) packet saltine crackers, crushed
- 1medium bell pepper, minced
- 2stalks green onions, white parts only, minced
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 3tablespoons mayonnaise, or more to taste
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard, or more to taste
- 2pounds cooked blue crabmeat, drained
- 2tablespoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, or more as needed
- 2tablespoons canola oil, or more as needed
Step 1Mix crushed crackers, bell pepper, green onions, egg, mayonnaise, and Dijon together in a large bowl. Gently fold in crabmeat, seafood seasoning, and black pepper using a wooden spoon or spatula. Form crabmeat mixture into 1/2-inch-thick patties, 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
Step 2Put bread crumbs on a plate. Coat patties with bread crumbs.
Step 3Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties in batches and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining patties, adding more oil as needed.