Low-Fat Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This meltingly delicious low-fat pot roast made with a lean cut of beef and loaded with vegetables is an easy and delicious meal for a winter night.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1medium sweet onion (roughly chopped)
- ¾pound carrots (peeled and cut into thick chunks)
- 8ounces crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2pounds boneless beef round sirloin tip (trimmed of outer fat)
- 1(14.5 ounce) can of crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Coat the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray . Place chopped onions, carrots, mushrooms, and green pepper into the slow cooker.
Step 3Heat a large non-stick pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Brown the meat for approximately 3 minutes per side. Carefully remove the meat from the pan and place it in the slow cooker on top of vegetables.
Step 4Pour the canned tomatoes over the meat and drizzle the Worcestershire sauce on top of everything. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
Step 5Serve and enjoy!