Tacos al Pastor in the Slow Cooker
Delicious al pastor tacos with the ease of a slow cooker. Serve on warmed corn tortillas, topped with cilantro, queso fresco, and diced red onion.
- Serves: 6 persons
- ½(3 pound) boneless pork loin, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1(15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, divided
- 1(14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1cup orange juice
- 1small red onion, quartered
- ¼cup white vinegar
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3teaspoons minced garlic
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1(10 ounce) package frozen corn
Step 1Season pork loin with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
Step 2Puree 1/2 of the pineapple with chicken broth, orange juice, red onion, vinegar, lime juice, chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, onion powder, and oregano. Pour over the pork. Add remaining pineapple and frozen corn.
Step 3Cook on Low for 8 hours. Shred pork and warm for an additional hour.