Cumin-Roasted Salmon With Cilantro Sauce
Roasting a whole fillet of fish might seem like a weekend-only treat, but cooking salmon this way is a luxury you should allow yourself on any old Tuesday, as it requires no additional preparation or skill. Be sure to slather the vinegary herb sauce on the still-warm salmon to allow the warm spices and fresh herbs to get to know each other better.
- Serves: 3 persons
- 1cup cilantro, leaves and tender stems, chopped
- ¼cup finely chopped chives (from about 1/2 bunch)
- 1garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- ¼cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ¾teaspoons ground cumin
- ½teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 ¼pounds skin-on salmon fillet
- 1lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
Step 1Make the sauce: Combine cilantro, chives, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl. (Alternatively, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until you’ve reached the desired consistency.) Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Step 2Roast the salmon: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cumin, paprika and olive oil in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish or on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle salmon with spiced olive oil mixture, transfer to the oven, and roast until fish is opaque and just cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
Step 4Remove salmon from oven and spoon cilantro sauce over the top. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.