Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas
Easy and delicious oven-baked chicken fajitas.
- Serves: 12 persons
- cooking spray
- 2red bell peppers, sliced
- 1large onion, sliced
- 2pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1(1 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8(6 inch) flour tortillas
- ½cup sour cream, or to taste
- ½cup salsa, or to taste
- ½cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
Step 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2Spread red bell peppers and onion in the baking dish.
Step 3Coat chicken strips with a few pinches of the fajita seasoning mix. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir seasoned chicken until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Step 4Place chicken in the baking dish with bell peppers and onion; top with remaining fajita seasoning mix and vegetable oil. Stir until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated.
Step 5Bake in the preheated oven, stirring halfway through baking, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
Step 6Spoon chicken mixture into each tortilla and top with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.