One-pot garlic chicken
Save on the washing-up with this easy one-pot garlic chicken. Creamy and comforting, you can adjust the amount of garlic to suit your own tastes.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4chicken breasts, skin removed, sliced crosswise into thick strips
- 75g plain flour
- 2tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 50g unsalted butter
- 10-15 small garlic cloves, or to taste
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 100ml double cream
- 30g Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- cooked rice and steamed green beans, to serve (optional)
Step 1Tip the chicken into a shallow bowl and sprinkle over the flour. Season well. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chicken, shaking off any excess flour first, for 1-2 mins until lightly golden all over. (You may need to do this in batches.)
Step 2Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. Peel as many garlic cloves as you prefer, and drop these into the pan. Cook for 5 mins until the garlic has turned lightly golden, stirring to keep the chicken from burning.
Step 3Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 mins until the garlic is tender. Add the cream and cheese and simmer for a further 5 mins until the sauce thickens slightly. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Scatter with the chopped parsley, if using, and serve hot with rice and green beans, if you like.