Creamy venison-pumpkin chili.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1½ pounds ground venison
- 2medium onions, chopped
- 1large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1(28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1(15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ⅓cup chili powder
- 2teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1pinch chipotle chile pepper, ground
Step 1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir venison, onions, bell pepper, and jalapeno in the hot skillet until venison is browned and crumbly and onions and peppers are soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Step 2Add crushed tomatoes and pumpkin. Stir in chili powder, paprika, cumin, turmeric, and chipotle chile powder. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.