Vegan Black Bean Soup with Pumpkin
Vegan recipe with no oil added - coconut milk gives it a creamy consistency. One of my favorites!
- Serves: 3 persons
- ½medium onion, diced
- 2tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2cloves garlic, diced
- ½teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ cups black beans, drained
- 1cup pumpkin puree
- ½cup vegetable broth, or to taste
- ¼cup coconut milk
- ½chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2tablespoons diced tomatoes
- ¼teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Combine onion and 2 tablespoons vegetable broth in a pot over medium heat. Saute until onion becomes glassy, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cumin and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute; avoid browning the garlic.
Step 2Add black beans, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup vegetable broth, coconut milk, and chipotle pepper in adobo. Simmer until soup starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
Step 3Stir in diced tomatoes and pumpkin pie spice. Coarsely blend with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper.