Bitter Melon Stir Fry With Dried Shrimp
Bitter melon is an ingredient popular in Chinese, Indian, and Southeast Asian cooking. It's delicious stir-fried with dried shrimp and sauce.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2small-sized green bitter melons (thinly sliced)
- 2tablespoons oil (for stir-frying)
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2tablespoons dried shrimp (soften in warm water then drain)
- 1tablespoon water
- 1tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½tablespoon demerara sugar
- ½teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon rice wine
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Cut the ends off the bitter melon and cut in half lengthwise (do not peel).
Step 3Remove the seeds and pith from the middle of the melon with a small spoon.
Step 4Cut the melon diagonally into 1/4-inch slices.
Step 5Heat up oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir fry garlic and chile until the fragrance releases.
Step 6Add the dried shrimp and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
Step 7Add bitter melon and 1 tablespoon water. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
Step 8Add the soy sauce, sugar, salt, and rice wine and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Step 9Serve hot and enjoy!