Butternut Squash, Farro, and Kale
Super fast and surprisingly good. Add goat cheese if desired.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1(16 ounce) package steam-in-bag, frozen butternut squash cubes (such as Archer Farms®)
- 1(8.8 ounce) package cook-in-bag, quick-cooking farro
- olive oil, or to taste
- 1clove garlic, or to taste, crushed
- 1bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1½ skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1½ cups cream of chicken soup
- ¼cup golden raisins, or to taste
- ¼cup pine nuts, or to taste
- salt to taste
Step 1Tear a vent into the corner of the bag of butternut squash, cook in microwave oven until tender, about 5 minutes or as stated on package.
Step 2Tear a vent into the corner of the bag of farro; cook in microwave oven until tender and the moisture is absorbed, about 90 seconds or as stated on package.
Step 3Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes; add kale and cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Step 4Stir squash and farro together with the garlic; season with salt. Add chicken to the squash mixture; cook and stir until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 5Pour chicken soup over the chicken mixture. Stir raisins and pine nuts into the mixture; cook until everything is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.