Yuca With Garlic Sauce (Yuca con Mojo)
Yuca con mojo is a Cuban recipe that pairs the mild yuca root with bright flavors of citrus and the pungent taste of onions and garlic.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1 ½pounds yuca, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1to 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- ¼cup fresh orange juice, plus zest for garnish, from half an orange
- ¼cup fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
- 1tablespoon cilantro, chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- 6garlic cloves, minced
- ¼cup olive oil
- ½teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Boil yuca in salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
Step 3Drain yuca and place it in a serving dish. Set aside, but keep warm by covering bowl. Don't allow it to come back to room temperature while you make garlic sauce.
Step 4Combine onions, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic in a bowl. Pour mixture over yuca.
Step 5Heat olive oil, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper in a heavy pan until hot, about 1 minute, being careful not to burn spices. Pour hot oil over yuca. Garnish with additional cilantro and orange zest, as desired.