Taco-Topped Cornmeal Pancakes
Put a pancake twist on your tacos, with these thin cornmeal pancakes topped with all your favorite taco toppings!
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1pound ground beef
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 1(10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- ¼cup ketchup
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 2teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1pinch dried oregano, or more to taste
- 1pinch dried basil, or more to taste
- 1pinch garlic powder, or more to taste
- 1pinch parsley flakes, or more to taste
- 1pinch paprika, or more to taste
- ½cup cornmeal
- 2cups milk
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1tablespoon oil, or as needed
- 1cup shredded lettuce, or to taste
- ½cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, or to taste
- ¼cup taco sauce, or to taste
Step 1Prepare taco filling: Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add condensed soup, ketchup, soy sauce, seasoned salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley flakes, and paprika; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Step 2While the taco filling is cooking, prepare pancake batter: Pulse cornmeal in the bowl of a food processor until finely ground (like flour). Transfer to a large bowl and mix with milk, flour, melted butter, and salt.
Step 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/2 cup batter per pancake onto the hot skillet. Cook until bubbles form, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 3 more minutes.
Step 4Top pancakes with warm taco filling, lettuce, Mexican cheese, and taco sauce.