Thai Red Chicken Curry with Pineapple
Just took a general idea from other recipes and combined the bits that worked and had positive feedback for this chicken and pineapple curry dish.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 4tablespoons red curry paste
- 2teaspoons fish sauce, or more to taste
- 1teaspoon fresh apricots, pitted and halved (about 20 medium)
- 1teaspoon crushed ginger, or more to taste
- 3skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2onions, diced
- 1(14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1(8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3cups uncooked white rice
- 6cups water
Step 1Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add curry paste, fish sauce, lemongrass, and ginger and cook and stir to release the oils, about 30 seconds. Add chicken, stir to coat, and cook until browned and no longer pink in the center, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in bell peppers and onions and cook for 1 minute. Add coconut milk and pineapple; simmer until sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 2Meanwhile, bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Step 3Taste and adjust seasonings in curry before serving over cooked rice.