This is an easy and exotic Indian dish. It's rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful. Serve with naan and rice.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1small onion, diced
- 1teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 2potatoes, cubed
- 4carrots, cubed
- 1fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3tablespoons ground unsalted cashews
- 1(4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1cup frozen green peas
- ½green bell pepper, chopped
- ½red bell pepper, chopped
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1bunch fresh cilantro for garnish
Step 1Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic, and continue cooking 1 minute. Mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook and stir 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Step 2Stir peas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and cream into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.