Spicy Sausage and Rice Casserole
This sausage and rice casserole is spicy, loaded with tomatoes, and easy to make.
- 28ounces fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 1cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1slice onion, diced
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1green bell pepper, chopped
- 1red bell pepper, chopped
- 1(28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Brown sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat; drain grease. Add rice, onion, garlic, and peppers; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Transfer into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Step 3Bake in the preheated oven until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 1 hour.