Cool and Light Pasta and Herbs
Mixing herbs like mint and basil with asparagus and peas creates a tasty summer dish. This is one of my favorite things to eat on a hot summer day! Goes great with grilled salmon and a glass of crisp Riesling! Chop herbs in a food processor to speed up your preparation time.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1pound fettuccine pasta
- 1pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1cup frozen peas
- 2cups chopped fresh basil
- 1cup chopped fresh mint
- ½cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1(4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese with herbs
- 3scallions (green onions), chopped
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¾teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
Step 1Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
Step 2While fettuccini is boiling, place asparagus and peas into a steamer insert and place insert over the pot of fettuccine. Steam vegetables until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove steamer insert and drain fettuccine.
Step 3Combine fettuccine, asparagus, peas, basil, mint, parsley, feta cheese, scallions, and olive oil together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.