Grilled Artichokes Recipe
Grilled artichokes have a fantastic smoky flavor you can't get from steaming. This simple garlic-infused recipe is perfect for spring barbecues.
- Serves: 4 persons
- For Steaming:
- 3to 4 large fresh artichokes
- 2to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1bay leaf
- 2to 3 (3-inch) sprigs fresh thyme
- 5to 6 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- For Grilling:
- 2to 3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- ½teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- ¼teaspoon paprika, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Step 1Gather the ingredients. Clean the grill grates. Prepare a medium (350°F to 375°F) gas or charcoal grill fire, or heat until you can hold a hand over the heat for 4 seconds.
Step 2Pat the artichokes dry. Place the steamed artichoke halves cut side up onto a tray. Brush with the garlic olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika, if using.
Step 3Place the artichokes cut side down onto the hot grill. Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until there are grill marks on the stems.
Step 4Let cool slightly before serving, sprinkling them with extra salt and lemon juice, if desired.