Apple Dump Cake
Here is a recipe for Apple Dump Cake, which looks like a cake but tastes like an apple pie. To make it even easier, use apple pie filling.
- Serves: 16 persons
- 5medium apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1cup chopped nuts of your choice (lightly toasted)
- 4teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ½cup sugar
- 1 ¼cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1(18-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- ¾cup butter (melted)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with melted butter.
Step 3In the pan, mix the apples and nuts with 2 teaspoons of the ground cinnamon and the nutmeg and sugar.
Step 4Spread evenly in the pan and cover with apple cider.
Step 5Sprinkle dry cake mix over the apple mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
Step 6Pour the melted butter over top.
Step 7Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Step 8Serve and enjoy.