Grilled Buffalo Wings
These grilled chicken wings take the classic appetizer to a new level with a marinade that keeps them moist and tender.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4pounds whole chicken wings (about 24), flat pieces and drumettes separated
- For the Marinade:
- 1cup cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- For the Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
- 1cup crumbled blue cheese
- ⅔cup sour cream
- ½cup mayonnaise
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2tablespoons milk
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1Gather the marinade ingredients and chicken.
Step 2Combine the marinade ingredients together in a bowl or large mixing cup and mix well.
Step 3Place chicken wings in a large resealable bag and pour marinade over top. Turn to coat, release air from the bag, seal well, and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours. Make the Sauce and Grill Chicken
Step 4Gather the sauce ingredients.
Step 5For blue cheese sauce, combine blue cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise , garlic , and Worcestershire cause in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
Step 6Add enough milk to give the sauce the consistency of pancake batter. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Step 7Preheat grill for indirect cooking (heat part of the grill to hot while another is low). Remove wings from marinade and reserve marinade. Place wings over the low fire.
Step 8Grill until done, about 30 to 35 minutes or when its internal temperature reaches between 165 F and 175 F. Brush liberally with reserved marinade only during the first 15 minutes of cooking time. Do not use reserved marinade past that point. Discard the remaining liquid.
Step 9Once cooked, remove wings from heat and serve with blue cheese sauce.