Grilled Swordfish Tacos with Tomatillo-Mango Salsa
The fresh tomatillo-mango salsa is simple, quick, and a perfect complement to the grilled fish. Serve with your favorite tortillas. You can also enjoy the salsa with grilled chicken, tortilla chips, or other fish tacos.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2semi-ripe mangoes, diced
- 3limes, juiced, divided
- 1orange, juiced
- 4tomatillos, peeled and diced, or more to taste
- 1small red onion, chopped
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- ½cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6(6 ounce) fillets boned, skinned swordfish
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
Step 2Place mango pieces in a bowl. Scoop out 1/4 of the pieces and place in a blender with the juice of 2 limes and orange juice. Blend until smooth.
Step 3Place tomatillos, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in the bowl with the diced mangoes. Sprinkle salsa with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Step 4Pour the pureed mango mixture over the salsa and mix well.
Step 5Lay swordfish on a plate and sprinkle with the remaining lime juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
Step 6Place swordfish on the hot grill and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Spoon salsa over fish.