Creamy tomato & mascarpone gnocchi
Whip up our comforting, veg-packed tomato and mascarpone gnocchi in just 25 minutes. Ideal for busy days, it’s healthy, low in calories and full of fibre too
- Serves: 2 persons
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1small head of broccoli, stalk and florets roughly chopped
- 1red chilli, finely chopped, deseeded if you like
- 2garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 200g fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g chilled gnocchi
- 25g mascarpone
- small handful of basil, leaves picked
Step 1Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat and fry the broccoli for 5 mins until golden brown. Mix in the chilli, garlic and tomatoes. Gently fry for a further 5 mins, until the tomatoes burst.
Step 2Tip in the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 mins until tender and hot. Stir in the mascarpone and season to taste with lots of black pepper. Scatter with basil leaves to serve.