Buffalo Chicken Dip
Sour cream and onion, spinach-artichoke, queso and fondue are warm dips you know and love, but we'd urge you to get to know Buffalo chicken dip a little better. It’s a quick, one-pan snack, spicy from a heavy pour of hot sauce, luscious from sour cream and cream cheese and a little funky from the blue cheese. With just the right amount of acid and salt, it'll keep people coming back for more. It also plays well with beer, but that you already knew.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2cups shredded, cooked chicken
- ½cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
- ½teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼cup sour cream
- 4ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces and softened
- ½cup freshly shredded white Cheddar cheese
- ¼cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 ½teaspoons finely chopped chives, or to taste
- Celery sticks, carrot sticks, bread, potato chips, and-or tortilla chips, for serving
Step 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In an 8-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and hot sauce and simmer until the sauce has thickened and reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 2Turn off the heat, then stir in the lemon juice, sour cream and cream cheese until combined. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the top.
Step 3Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. If you’d like the top to get browned, run it under the broiler for a minute or two.
Step 4Immediately garnish with blue cheese and chives. Serve with chips, bread or vegetables for dipping.