Use easy-to-find chicken thighs to make this twist on Korean bulgogi. Cooking on charcoal grill will give it smoky flavor, but you can also use the stove.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½red onion (finely chopped)
- 2cloves garlic (grated or finely chopped)
- 1(15-gram) piece fresh ginger (grated)
- ¼cup scallion (whites only, finely chopped)
- 3tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon gochujang
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼cup mirin
- ¼cup sesame seeds
- Garnish: Green onion tops (sliced on a bias)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Slice chicken thighs into strips that are 1 to 2 inches wide and several inches long. For smaller thighs, just slice in half lengthwise.
Step 3Combine other ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Step 4Add chicken strips to marinade and stir to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Step 5Preheat a grill to medium-high heat for searing. Grill marinated chicken strips for 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on their thickness.
Step 6When fully cooked, remove to a platter and top with sliced green onion tops.