Sheet Pan Passover Dinner
This sheet pan Passover dinner is so satisfying! It's a lovely and fancy one-dish meal that doesn't take days to prepare. I had fun coming up with ideas to play off the traditional Seder.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1(1.5 pound) head green cabbage
- 1½ pounds baby red potatoes
- 7tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2(6 inch) matzo sheets
- 6tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1teaspoon lemon zest
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1(2 pound) skin-on salmon fillet
- 2tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2tablespoons chopped cornichons
- 2tablespoons non-pareil capers, rinsed and drained
Step 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) with a rack in the upper third. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut cabbage into 1-inch wedges.
Step 2Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Intersperse cabbage wedges on the baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
Step 3Bake in the preheated oven until starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
Step 4Meanwhile, break matzo sheets into large pieces and place in a zip-top bag. Carefully pound with the flat end of a glass until coarsely crushed; this should yield 2/3 cup. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in 4 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, and lemon zest.
Step 5Spread 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard evenly over the top side of the salmon and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Press matzo mixture onto the mustard.
Step 6Remove potatoes and cabbage from the oven. Stir potatoes and flip cabbage, then push both to the sides to make space in the center. Place salmon in the center and return to the oven. Bake until matzo is golden brown, potatoes and cabbage are tender, and salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
Step 7While salmon bakes, whisk vinegar, 1 teaspoon mustard, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil together in a medium bowl. Fold in eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, chives, cornichons, capers, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve over salmon and vegetables.