Dandelion and Tomato Salad Appetizer
My mother's friend passed this recipe along to her. Delicious use for dandelions!
- Serves: 30 persons
- 2cups dandelion leaves
- 1cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½cup finely chopped onion
- ¼cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1clove garlic, minced
- ½cup red wine vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 15Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- ½cup Parmesan cheese
Step 1Cut dandelion leaf blades away from their midveins, which can be bitter. Chop leaf blades. Transfer to a large bowl; mix in feta cheese, onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic.
Step 2Stir salad dressing, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until flavors combine, about 1 hour.
Step 3Stuff each tomato half with some of the dandelion mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.