Try out roasted vegetables with a drizzle of heart-healthy olive oil make an ideal accompaniment to low-fat chicken or fish dishes.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2red onions (cut into thick wedges)
- 2medium red potatoes (cut into 6 wedges)
- 2carrots (medium to large, cut into chunks)
- 2medium parsnips (cut into large chunks)
- 2medium zucchini (thickly sliced)
- 4garlic cloves
- 1large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into chunks)
- 3sprigs of rosemary
- 2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat oven to 425 F.
Step 3Spray a large baking pan or ovenproof dish with nonstick cooking spray .
Step 4Arrange cut vegetables on the pan or dish and drizzle with olive oil. Add rosemary sprigs and season with pepper.
Step 5Roast vegetables for 20 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned and crispy.
Step 6Remove from oven and turn vegetables over.
Step 7Roast for an additional 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
Step 8Serve and enjoy!