Instant Pot® Vegetarian White "Chicken" Chili
This is a great vegetarian Instant Pot® recipe (or even vegan, if you change out a few ingredients) for traditional white chicken chili. This is not a very spicy chili if made according to this recipe, but you could up the game by adding more jalapenos or peppers of your choice.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1onion, finely chopped
- 2jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1(12 ounce) package artificial chicken pieces (such as Quorn™)
- 4cups vegetable broth
- 2(16 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1(16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower florets
- 1cup frozen sweet corn
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- ½cup sour cream
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
Step 1Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®), select Saute function, and add olive oil. Add onion, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, and garlic to hot oil; saute until onions begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add artificial chicken pieces and saute for another 3 minutes.
Step 2Add vegetable broth, pinto beans, frozen cauliflower, frozen corn, oregano, cumin, pepper, and salt. Close and lock the lid. Select Soup function and set timer for 15 minutes.
Step 3Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
Step 4Stir in sour cream. Ladle into bowls and top with fresh cilantro.