The Best Classic Pesto
Peppery, tangy, creamy, and fresh-tasting — this pesto has it all. It's a great way to use up the bounty of your summer herb garden, and each batch will last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks! Use it to dress up pasta, potatoes, eggs, sauces, marinades, or soups. Spread it on bread and top with grilled chicken and tomatoes for a delightful open-faced sandwich. Or, stir a spoonful into mayonnaise for a homemade pesto aioli.
- Serves: 1 person
- 3cups packed fresh basil leaves, washed and thoroughly dried
- 2large cloves garlic
- ¼cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ½cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Step 1Pulse basil and garlic in a food processor about 8 times until finely chopped. Add toasted pine nuts and salt; turn processor on low and drizzle olive oil through the chute until everything is incorporated. Add Parmesan cheese and lemon juice; pulse 2 times.