Cranberry Gelatin Mold
This is a great substitute for plain cranberries at holiday dinners. It can be made low-fat by omitting the walnuts and using low-fat cream cheese and whipped topping. Enjoy!
- Serves: 12 persons
- 1(6 ounce) package cranberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1(16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1(6 ounce) package lime flavored Jell-O® mix
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1(8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1(8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1cup chopped walnuts
Step 1Prepare cranberry gelatin according to directions. Pour into a 9x13 inch dish. Stir in cranberries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
Step 2Prepare lime gelatin according to directions. Allow to cool slightly, and then blend in cream cheese. Mix in pineapple. Slowly layer over cranberry gelatin. Allow to set for at least 4 hours.
Step 3Just before serving, spread on whipped topping and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.